Tortellini with tomato sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
15 ounces chopped, canned tomatoes, undrained
12 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
1/4 cup chopped, fresh basil or use dried basil and oregano to taste
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until well browned, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook the tortellini until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer into a large bowl. Toss with the tomato sauce and basil. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Spinach Manicotti in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Heartland Chili
- Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- Leek, potato, parsnip and cauliflower soup
- Tomato, scallion, and cheddar frittata