This recipe comes from the magazine Everyday Food
- Serves 4
- Active time: 10 mins
- Total time 25 mins.
- 2 medium red inions, cut into 6 wedges each, layers separated
- 1 medium butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 3/4- inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound short ridged past, such as rigatoni
- 1/4 cup grated fontina cheese (2 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss inions, squash, and sage with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and roast until tender, about 25 minutes, rotating sheet and tossing vegetables halfway through.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot. Add vegetables and cheese and toss to combine, adding enough past water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta.
Per serving 380 cal; 9 g fat (4 g sat fat); 13 g protein; 64 g card; 6 g fiber